Is your agency effectively using data and information
systems to support its transportation asset management (TAM) program?
This work was sponsored by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials, in
cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration, and was conducted in the National Cooperative
Highway Research Program which is administered by the Transportation Research Board of the National
Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
The AASHTO TAM Data Assistant is designed to help transportation
professionals answer the above question.
In conjunction with the AASHTO TAM Data Guide,
this tool provides a structured approach to
assess current TAM practices
and improve use of data and information for TAM.
What Can I Do With This Tool?
- Assess each aspect of your data lifecycle for TAM
- Browse through potential improvements for each aspect
- Select improvements you may want to implement at your agency
- Prioritize, score, comment, sort, and filter your selected improvements
- Produce helpful charts and graphics to analyze patterns and trends in your assessment
Where Do I Start?
This tool was built to be flexible.
There is a lot of content here, and you can tackle it anyway you'd like
– every agency is different and we wanted to leave the control in your hands.
- Pick and choose only the assessment areas you want to evaluate.
- Skip forward to improvement evaluation or assessment summary at any point.
- Share your outcomes using standardized charting, or export your results to an excel file and do your own custom analysis.
Help Along the Way
Look for the icon.
On any of the assessment pages, click on the help icon to get more information on how to use the tool.
For Best Performance
We recommend you run the tool in a Chrome or Firefox browser.